In the Entertainment Media concentration, students will take a focused sequence of courses that address the changing landscape of film, TV and digital media. They will cover topics ranging from creative material acquisition and development to marketing and distribution of finished product. Students of this track will study the financial structures of the entertainment business as well as “pitch” strategies for striking deals and selling ideas.
Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.— Walt Disney
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of creative collaboration, marketing savvy and entrepreneurial vision with a creative portfolio of original digital content and business plans.
- Gain a working knowledge of the growing number of fields impacting entrepreneurs today including business, law, accounting, marketing, finance, project management and social media.
- Explore a deeper study in the field of Entertainment Media targeting the dynamic changes effecting this industry and the opportunities this creates for artists and entrepreneurs with the ability to collaborate and innovate.
- BUSINESS PLANS
- MARKETING STRATEGIES
- ELEVATOR PITCHES
- CASE STUDIES
- COLLABORATIVE DIGITAL CONTENT
- INVESTOR’S DECKS
- STRATEGIC PLANS
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Entrepreneurship program will have the opportunity to produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
The Entertainment Media field is undergoing dynamic change because of the influence of shifting audience demographics, release platforms and digital production modalities. Periods of dramatic change create dynamic opportunities for the entrepreneurs and innovators who are prepared to adapt and to lead. This degree is a path to careers as an Entertainment Entrepreneur, Film and Television Producer, Online Content Creator, Development Executive or Media Strategist.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.