Screenwriting students also complete advanced studies in writing for television, original web series, new media, advanced script revision as well as a develop a television series idea including the pilot and series bible. All final short film projects at Relativity School are mentored by industry professionals—who personally advise each student—from initial concept through final screening. Additionally, our Collaboration Labs are programmed for all students and are built to foster interdisciplinary creativity.
Relativity School offers numerous online platforms through our movie studio partnership for selected digital content created by our Screenwriting majors to have their work featured to a large global audience as well as exclusive studio internships only available to Relativity School students.
I could be just a writer very easily. I am not a writer. I am a screenwriter, which is half a filmmaker. But it is not an art form, because screenplays are not works of art. They are invitations to others to collaborate on a work of art. —Paul Schrader
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Screenwriting that includes digital content, transmedia narrative and advanced revision techniques while applying advanced writing skills in both craft and creativity.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Digital Content program with a concentration in Screenwriting will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- SILENT NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- FIVE MINUTE SYNC SOUND FILM
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BRANDED DIGITAL CONTENT
- 2 FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
- PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT
- CINEMATOGRAPHY REEL
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURES
- SKETCH COMEDY SHORTS
- VIDEO EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS REEL
- FIFTEEN MINUTE NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS FOR PRINT,TELEVISION AND ONLINE
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- SPEC TELEVISION SCRIPT
- ORIGINAL TELEVISION SERIES PILOT
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURE ON INFLUENTIAL SCREENWRITER
- ADVANCED SCREENWRITING CAPSTONE PROJECT
A Screenwriting degree qualifies you to write scripts for Motion Pictures, TV Shows, and Commercials. But it also qualifies you for other literary opportunities, too. The writing skills and story lessons you get could help you become a Playwright or Author. And knowing what makes a script good could help you become a literary Agent, Manager,or even a Development Executive. Plus, your insider knowledge of the entertainment industry could help you become a Entertainment Journalist or Media Critic.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.