The Film + Digital Content program at Relativity School features an exclusive business, entrepreneurship and a general education core created in collaboration with Hollywood studio executives and industry experts with a holistic approach to film production, entrepreneurship and original content creation. Our students are immersed in screenwriting, directing, sound design, cinematography, producing, pre-production, and post-production through an intensive series of collaborative and mentored projects designed to facilitate compelling, professional digital content.
In the Sound Design concentration, students study the technology, techniques and aesthetics used to craft music and sound in film, television, online applications and interactive gaming. While the same aesthetic principles apply in all mediums, success in sound design requires specialized, industry specific knowledge in order to advance. Sound Design students will also work alongside the other disciplines in Collaboration Lab, to give them a holistic understanding of the entire production process.
Relativity School offers numerous online platforms through our movie studio partnership for selected digital content created by our Directing majors to have their work featured to a large global audience as well as exclusive studio internships only available to Relativity School students.
Music deals with time and timing. It’s so magical, but when you get into it, every little sound and every little space between the sounds, it’s critical, so critical. —David Lynch
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Directing that includes style, aesthetics, working with actors, set etiquette, script development and project management skills.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Digital Content program with a concentration in Cinematography will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- SILENT NARRATIVES SHORT FILM
- FIVE MINUTE SYNC SOUNDFILM
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE
- BRANDED DIGITAL CONTENT
- 2 FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
- PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT
- CINEMATOGRAPHY REEL
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURES
- SKETCH COMEDY SHORTS
- VIDEO EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS REEL
- FIFTEEN MINUTE NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT ON INFLUENTIAL PRODUCER
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURE ON INFLUENTIAL DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKER
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA PROJECT
- ELECTRONIC MUSIC PROJECT
- ADVANCED SOUND DESIGN CAPSTONE PROJECT
With new avenues of distribution opening everyday, the market for skilled cinematographers is ever increasing. A degree in Cinematography will prime you to shoot short films, documentaries, commercials and feature films as a director of photography. In addition to shooting films, the Cinematography degree prepares graduates to work in the grip, electric departments and camera department, as DIT (Digital Imaging Technician), Camera Operator, First Assistant (focus puller), Second Assistant, Loader and Digital Utility.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.